Total anomalous pulmonary venous connection (TAPVC), is a rare cyanotic congenital heart defect (CHD) in which all four pulmonary veins are malpositioned and make anomalous connections to the systemic venous circulation.
- Most Common
- Pulm. Veins join Superior Vena Cava
- Pulm. Veins join Coronary sinus
- Pulm. Veins join Portal Vein
- Most severe - because of Obstructive pulmonary venous hypertension.
- Newborn with cyanosis.
All patients have ASD - Very important.
Without ASD there will be pulmonary circuit with no blood for systemic circuit.
MCQ point : O2 Saturation in Pulmonary artery is more than Aorta.
1. SupraCardiac - Snowman Shaped Heart
2. InfraCardiac - Ground Glass appearance with Kerly B lines.