Infant of Diabetic Mother
1. Can be Still birth
2. Can be Preterm , IUGR
5. Neonatal Jaundice
6. Hypo Glycemia/Calcemia/Magnesemia
7. Polycythemia - Renal vein thrombosis
8. Lazy left colon syndrome (pseudo-obstruction of intestine - hypoperistaltic)
9. Heart diseases -
- MC - TGA (also MC congenital anomaly in Infant of diabetic mother)
- Asymmetrical Septal Hypertrophy
- Persistent pulmonary HTN
Important points :
- MC congenital anomaly in Still borns of diabetic mother - Neural tube defects
- MC congenital anomaly in Infants of diabetic mother - TGA
- Most Specific anomaly in Infants of diabetic mother - Sacral Agenesis
Other Points to remember :
- MC sign of Acute Hypoxia in Neonates : Bradycardia
- IOC to look for cerebral perfusion in birth asphyxiated newborn : ( NIRS ) Near-infrared spectroscopy.
- Earliest and Most Common organ affected in Birth Asphyxia : Kidneys (ATN-Acute tubular necrosis) , later Brain (HIE - Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy).
- MC cause of Renal failure in Newborn - Birth Asphyxia.