Contraindicated drugs -
Myesthenia Gravis :
- Increased sensitivity to NDMR
- Resistance to DMR
- Sevoflurane is inhalational agent of choice
- Atracurium (1/10th normal dose) is Muscle relaxant of choice.
- Risk of post-op Respiratory failure.
- Tendency of Obstructive sleep apnea
- Sch is Contraindicated (as it causes prolonged contraction)
- Rapid sequence induction with Propofol and Rocuronium is used.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy :
- Abnormal response to Sch and Volatile agents
- IV induction preferred
- Hyperkalemia common
- NDMR duration is prolonged.