181. Odor of urine for hypermethioninemia - boiled cabbage.
Also Cabbage odor - in Tyrosinaemia
182. Lead toxicity - Purely motor neuropathy.
183. Malnourished child is Sodium overloaded and Potassium depleted - hence use ReSoMal (Rehydration solution for malnourished)
184. GFR of a newborn is 15 - 20ml/min/1.73m2
Adult Values at 2years age.
185. Newborn's renal tubular concentration capacity reaches adult value at 1year of age.
186. Best method of estimating creatinine is Enzyme assay.
187. Oliguria is important sign of Renal failure.
Causes of Non-Oliguric Renal failure -
- In Newborns ,
- Aminoglycoside nephrotoxicity.
188. Total number of nephrons reaches adult value at 36 wks Intrauterine gestation. Thus after birth , there is only functional maturity.
189. In a child with CRF , if Acidosis and hyperphosphatemia is present , then these must be corrected first before introducing Growth hormone. (GH does not act if acidosis and increased Po4 are present)
190. Membranous glomerulonephritis has been associated with Renal vein thrombosis.
MedicoNotebook - Founder : DrShiviMudgal , Co-Founder : DrAyushGoel