- Common with down's syndrome
- Polyhydroamnios (in 50% cases)
- 1st - Child drooling saliva
- Aspiration and choking with breast feed
Investigation of choice : Pass Nasogastric tube and take X-Ray image.
VACTERL Association :
- V - Vertebral anomalies
- A - Anal atresia
- C - Cardiovascular anomalies (PDA , VSD , TOF)
- TE - Tracheoesophageal fistula
- R - Renal (Kidney) anomalies
- L - Limb defects (Radial hypoplasia)
Surgery - RIGHT postero-lateral thoracotomy with ligation of fistula and end to end anastomosis.
If very sick child - Do feeding gastrostomy
Q. Why RIGHT postero-lateral approach ?
Ans : Because aorta is Left of oesophagus in upper and middle 1/3rd.
MedicoNotebook - Founder : DrShiviMudgal , Co-Founder : DrAyushGoel