Site : Lower oesophagus.
A-Ring = Lower esophageal muscular ring
- Mostly asymptomatic.
- Symptoms if present : Dysphagia for both solids and liquids in absence of food impactions.
- Situated few centimeters proximal to Schatzki's location (see below)
B-Ring = Lower esophageal mucosal ring = Schatzki ring
- There is fibrous thickening in submucosa, it is symmetrical. Mucosa is normal histopathologically.
- Most patients are asymptomatic.
- Symptoms if present : Dysphagia, more for solids , and food impactions.
- Has association with hiatus hernia
- Seen in Lower oesophagus above diaphragm at Squamocolumner junction
- Treatment : Balloon when needed.
MedicoNotebook - Founder : DrShiviMudgal , Co-Founder : DrAyushGoel