Paraganglion is defined as non neuronal cell derived from the neural crest.
- Chromaffin cells (Sympathetic paraganglion)
- Pathology e.g.- Pheochromocytoma
- Non chromaffin cells (Para-sympathetic paraganglion)
- Pathology e.g.- Carotid body tumor, Glomus juglare, Glomus tympanicum
- [ sometimes called Glomus tumors* ]
*Not to be confused with Glomangioma which are also called Glomus tumors: benign vascular tumors (75% in hand).
MedicoNotebook - Founder : DrShiviMudgal , Co-Founder : DrAyushGoel